Career opportunities at Sandbar Solar
Here at Sandbar Solar, we’re always looking for hard-working team members who have a passion for bringing solar energy to the community. Please see below for current career opportunities.
To submit your resume or ask a question about careers at Sandbar Solar, email email@example.com.
Job Description – Solar Sales Consultant
We are an experienced integrator looking for Solar sales professionals, to continue expanding our residential and small commercial solar photovoltaic markets. Solar Sales Consultants will be expected to follow up on leads with consultative sales proposals in client’s homes, to maintain the customer relationship throughout the install process, and to promote our referral programs. Our office is located in Santa Cruz, but our installation territory spans the greater Bay Area. Daily travel may be required.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for the Solar Industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid Office computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship building skills
- Aptitude at closing sales
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations
- High energy level
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to be self-driven and to follow through on initiatives
- Professional appearance, attitude, and character
- Light marketing and collateral development skills
- Experience in sales quotas a plus
- Understanding of solar industry and marketplace, including solar site evaluations a definite benefit
- PV, Electrical Construction/Contracting experience or knowledge a huge plus
- 5+ years in Sales
- A clean DMV report, maintenance of valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation
- Solar Photovoltaic experience preferred
We offer excellent growth opportunities for committed and performing professionals as well as medical coverage and compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Description – Solar Site Auditor
We are a local Santa Cruz electrical contractor who has been in business for 13 years with a variety of projects including commercial solar and electrical, residential solar and electrical, electrical vehicle charging stations, and energy storage. We have an available position for an Solar Site Auditor.
As a representative of the company the candidate must be able to present a clean, professional image and demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate with supervisors, homeowners and inspectors. We expect the candidate to maintain a safe and responsible driving record and to keep a provided company truck and tools in excellent condition. The job requires driving to multiple job sites in a day, over the greater Bay Area and Monterey bay. A company truck is provided along with the tools to get the job done. It is required that the candidate have a thorough understanding of home construction, be able to accurately identify framing members and photograph and create written documentation of site conditions. Along with these requirements. The position will handle site visits, inspections, service calls, technical troubleshooting, and project close out.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Professional workmanship and character
- High energy level and work well in a team environment
- Electrical experience required
- Solar system install experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of the NEC Code required
- Certified Journeyman Card a plus
- Attention to details and safety
- Basic office computer skills desired
- Understanding of working in a fast paced contracting environment
- Job is physically demanding so full mobility and lifting ability required. Some of the physical requirements include lifting heavy objects, climbing on ladders, crawling, standing and bending for long periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to commute
Job Type: Full-time
- Solar installation: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Current, unexpired driver’s license
- High school or equivalent
There are no other open positions at this time. Feel free to contact us via email or check back for updated postings in the future!