Go solar with the Santa Cruz leader in commercial projects
Sandbar Solar is the premier solar installer for commercial and municipal projects in Santa Cruz County. With years of experience on large, complex projects — NHS Skateboard, the Wrigley Building, and Plantronics to name a few — organizations rely on us for the expertise and efficiency in installing cost-saving solar systems. From design and permitting through installation and maintenance, we build customized rooftop, ground, and carport systems.
Save money. Cut costs.
Our commercial projects
Sandbar Solar in action
Why Sandbar Solar for businesses and municipalities?
- Completion of hundreds of commercial solar projects
- Largest, most experienced crew in the Santa Cruz area
- Affordable systems that save your company money
- Taking on the challenging projects others pass on
- High-quality materials and guarantees on our work
- Providing multiple options for systems and financing
Unmatched expertise and professionalism on commercial projects
As a leader in the solar photovoltaic industry since 2004 — many of our in-house experts have more than 20 years of experience — Sandbar Solar has a complete understanding of the “going solar” process. We have built both on-grid and off-grid systems, and we have worked with and supported partners through both innovative financing structures and challenging project environments.
From the conceptual feasibility stages of a project, through installation to final commissioning and interconnection, Sandbar Solar offers valuable perspective to a project. Our pre-construction services experience in the development of implementation plans for solar integrators and clients is a significant contributor to ultimate success of a project. Sandbar Solar is prepared to deliver.
Project support areas include the following:
- Feasibility assessments
- Incentives and rebates
- Pre-construction services
- System design and documentation
- Construction management
- Module installation
- Electrical installation and point-of-connection grid interconnection
- System commissioning and inverter start-up
- Ongoing maintenance and support
Electrical services for commercial and industrial projects
For solar and non-solar projects, Sandbar Solar provides the construction industry professional electrical services. Understanding the challenges of electrical construction and working closely with our clients and their project considerations, Sandbar Solar provides value through pre-construction assistance and ultimate timely and competitive delivery of services.
As a merit shop contractor and WECA member, Sandbar is able to work in the private sector as well as the public works/prevailing wage marketplace. Our crews are professionally trained, certified, and experienced in the work we perform.
Electrical construction services include the following:
- Pre-construction services
- Budgetary and schedule review
- Energy efficiency upgrades
- Equipment hook-ups
- General electrical installation
- Low-voltage infrastructure wiring
- Instrumentation and control wiring
- Sub-panel additions
- Tenant improvements
- Lighting retrofits
- Service and support