Sandbar Solar installed 552 panels, equaling over 218 kW, at Sunridge Farms in Watsonville on bldg. 2, (domed roof), and bldg. 5. The system is expected to produce approx. 345,257 kWh of energy annually.
The environmental benefits are significant, as the solar addition will eliminate over 283 tons of CO2 annually, which is the per year equivalent of:
- planting about 6,6oo trees.
- 566,240 auto miles reduced.
- 28,878 gallons of gasoline reduced.
- 895 tons of recycling wast instead of sending to a landfill.
- 275,879 lbs. of coal burned.