Discover Financing Options for Your Solar Installation
When you go solar, there are various options for purchasing and financing — including upfront purchase of your system, home equity loan, government-supported PACE loans, and a Power Purchasing Option (PPA). Buying your home solar system — and taking advantage of a tax credit — provides the best return on your solar investment, but other options may provide more affordable solar financing.
Below is information about different options offered by trusted organizations that we partner with to assist our customers. Contact Sandbar Solar, and we can discuss the different options with you.
Financing options from Sunnova
Sunnova provides residential solar financing to homeowners through a partnership with Sandbar Solar. Sunnova has four programs to choose from: EZ Own, SSA, PPA, and EZ Pay PPA. Contact Sandbar Solar to learn more about the Sunnova options.
EZ Own Program
This program offers you the benefit of ownership without the upfront purchase cost and the worry of ongoing maintenance expenses at a lower rate than your current utility.
- No money down — start saving today with no upfront investments
- Service, maintenance, and warranty included
- Use the 30% federal tax credit to lower monthly payments
- Take control of your electric bill — make fixed monthly payments directly to Sunnova and avoid utility rate hikes
- Move anytime — your EZ own agreement can be easily transferred in the event of a home sale
EZ Pay PPA
In this program, you pay the same bill amount every month based on your expected energy production. EZ Pay PPA estimates how much energy your home will produce in a given year. You only pay for the energy produced while maintaining a flat monthly payment, levelized over a 12-month period. This provides you with predictable, flat monthly payments all year round.
Pay a flat kWh rate for the energy your home produces. PPAs allow you to pay a flat kWh rate for the amount of energy your home produces. The amount you pay will vary month to month depending on your production.
Additional information about Sunnova programs:
- Sunnova guarantee: Every SSA comes with comprehensive coverage that ensures the longevity of your system. If your system ever needs to be repaired or replaced, we will handle it at no cost for you.
- Solar system maintenance and warranty: Sunnova takes care of any repairs or replacements for the life of the agreement.
- Monitoring and performance guarantee: Sunnova monitors your system production so you don’t have to. If you want to track your system’s production, you can login to your customer account and check it our for yourself any time.
- Insurance: Sunnova insures all of their systems through the life of the agreement, so you don’t have to. If there are any damages, they have it covered.
- Moving: If you need to move, Sunnova makes it easy to transfer the agreement to the new homeowner.
CaliforniaFIRST Program: Borrow 100% of your costs
CaliforniaFIRST is a public/private financing program that provides upfront funding for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and water saving improvements for your home — and includes solar installations. You can repay the financed amount on your property taxes over the course of up to 25 years. This Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program doesn’t rely on a credit score and does not require any money down, opening the program to a wide range of Californians. Learn more about CaliforniaFIRST ›
- Apply by phone or online
- Easy financing process
- No credit score requirement
- 100% financing. No out-of-pocket costs
- Payment are rolled into your property taxes
- Interest is deductible
- Borrow up to 15% of property value
- Flexible repayment terms: 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years
- Fast in-home approvals
- No prepayment penalty and free re-amortization
- Balance may transfer to new owner upon sale
- Financed amount won’t appear on credit report: NO impact on future debt-to-income ratio
We can help you select the best option for your needs
Please feel free to contact Sandbar Solar if you have any questions. We would be happy to discuss the different options, and help you select the best financing option for you.